Sunday, February 4, 2018

6. High School Entrance Exam




"Only public high school!" 

Ten years ago father said such thing to my older brother. 

There are three public high schools in the school district where he can pass. 

Bottom school, base school and what school goes on. (TN: Not sure about the last part " 底辺校と底辺校となんちゃって進学校が。" ) 

It was common for all smart guys to go to a private high school. 

My older brother was smart, but he attended a public high school in accordance toward father.   

Three years later, I was worried about what to do, but at that time a private high school, famous for sports, announced that it would create a work scholarship program. 

Our house is poor, but it is not so poor that we can not live, but there is not enough money to go to high school.

But when I saw the recruitment conditions I was inspired. 

There were some conditions to be a scholarship student. 

It is written that there that income our household is within 2 million yen per year, and I must have intention to go to high school while working. 

Everything is true with my circumstances. Speaking of a farmer village with small population, 

There is no money, but there are lands, This is an environment that can not be thought as a city. In fact, the land holder is actually a farmer.

I do not know well about this, but when grandfather died, father seems to have inherited the majority of fields. 

So, the money was inherit by bachan. (TN: Grandmother) 

If I live with bachan then it is counted as living together, But we do not live together ... .... I supposed. 

On documents.   

What I meant is that since the home premises are large, the house where I and Father live and the house where my dead grandfather lived were built apart on the same premises. 

It is important, and the place number is also different. 

In other words, meals and baths are together, but only when we go to bed we are living separately, 

It is different on the documents. It can be considered as two separate househood.

So, if I looked at only at my parents' income certificate, 

I just cut 2 million yen. There is no income earned in bachan field. 

I quickly made a selection document, and in the composition to be submitted, I showed how I helped at the farmer's house work and appear as I was supporting the household, I passed quickly. 

The class was the same as the sports recommendation group which is said to be in separate class (not both), but with favorable conditions as the tuition fee is 90% off and there is no obligation to return even after graduation, I was able to go to high school. (TN: Not really sure about this one but you get the gist of it right?? RIGHT??)



Author Note : The flashback will ends with the next story as university entrance examination.


Previous Chapter

Table of Content
Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment