Monday, May 28, 2018

33. Encounter in the Forest



~ Tatsuhiko point of view ~

An emergency landing of the transport ship and power failure following it.

I was confined in the room, but I think that there is an emergency lever somewhere, but from this position it should be around here.

I opened up a hatch and check the wall.

There was such a handle in the back, so I pull it to power. At first it resisted, but with a sound 'gatsu' ,the door have opened to the side where it inclines.

The ranch soldier was in the corridor, he was bleeding and collapsed.

"Hey, are you OK?"

There was no reply, there seemed to be a broken bones in some places, and the legs are turning in unlikely direction.

"Oi ...... this won't do, It will be awkward to wake him up in pain.
Let's just searches for the crew of the ship at this point.
I will call for someone who can help you right now, so please wait.
Do not push yourself. "

I knew it was useless, but I took a voice for the first time, and I headed for the cockpit. I am fortunate that the bow section has been lowered as the ship crashed as if it struck from the head. I go forward with like feeling down the slope.

Finally I arrived at the place like the cockpit but the door will not open again.

"Damn, again!
Hey, open up. There is an injured person"

I tried shouting as hard as I can but there was no response from inside.

"Fainted or not, dead - if you do, there is no way to enter inside ..."

I think it was structure that cannot easily enter the cockpit from the outside. Since there's no reply even if I shout, it is hopeless.

"Well, if it is only me who is safe here, the problem is pretty troublesome"

First, there is a way to wait for relief, but I do not know the current state of this star. I do not even know whether this is in the enemy territory or in the neutral zone.

Next, it was said that this ship was a transport ship. That means that it belong to a neutral city. It is not at least a warship.

"There is no reason for the army to come to a ship that does not own by the army"

Then, although there is a relief from the neutral city side, it will not trace the route in real time, and also if there is no rescue signal, I feel that I cannot expect it.

"Ah. I have no choice but to go"

It may be best to call in a nearby town for help.

"Nevertheless, I can't do anything with my empty hand, although I was saying empty things, should I tries looking at it at once?
Hopefully there may be small airship."




The light expectation dispersed immediately.

"Seriously empty!"

I cannot be like Minoru.

There were something like forklifts use in the warehouses to bring in luggage. After that, there is nothing left.

"This is for carrying packages ... Oh, this is a bipedal walking type ...... the difference in tire is its hardness.
Is this like a common thing...... Somehow I can steer this and call for help. "

There is a seat in the center, and it is of a type that carries loads with two arms.

"Most of these operations are common.
That is why everyone can use it ...... Now move! "

When the switch is turned on, a 'Buuun' sound and the motor rotated.

"Oh, it moved, as for the operation ....... This arm? This is how I am walking.
The balance is like an auto. Okay, that's fine. "

I can walk without problems even without control skills.

I operated a robot and opened the hatch with an arm.

"Hmm, do I aim at a town?"

According to the radar at the robot, the closest town was displayed about 100 km ahead. Pretty far.

"Also, this......is quite good"

It was slow at first, but if you get used to it, you can speed up and move through the forest.

"Even if the balancer is excellent, there will be something about the fewer shaking.
Does being able to kill up and down vibrations so far convert to something different?"

Rather than raise the speed unnecessarily, I should progress while paying attention so that I could safely escape through the forest at a certain speed.

At that time, a sound like "Uooooo... ..." sounded in front of the trees.

"What is it? A fierce animal?"

I can't hide now. It has hear the sound of me driving at the forest.

Speaking of what I can do, I should not slow down and run straight through.

I should be prepared to shake off the hostile beasts even if it came out.

While judging with careful look forward, the tree in front moved.

There was something like a human face on the relatively large tree trunk, I can hear "Oooooon...." from there.

"What?!
The tree ...... talk? "

The human face tree moved so as to stand in front.

"It moved! What being is this?!"

I remembered the famous trees on the Lord of the Ring but this is not such a fantasy world. If I think about avoiding it, it can move, should I go back and take a distance!

When I was thinking about it and my lowered speed for evasion, the tree person talked.

"Whoo Iss Itt?"(TN: The 'tree' talk with prolong words and was written in Katakana which is kinda pain to translate!!)

"... You can talk."


I wonder what should we talk about......

For the time being, I stopped the robot and I decided to look at the situation.

"Whyy didd youu enterr thee forrestt?"

"Well, Sorry I surprise you.
The transporting ship that I was on board had crash, and I was on my way to the town.
I'm sorry I entered the woods without permission.
Are you the inhabitants of the forest? "

"Samee ass youu, forestt, chased"

"Have you been chased of the forest? Wait, are you the true inhabitant to this planet?
The one who attack here is not my companion...... so I can't do anything. "

"Discussion, did not return"


"I want to talk but I have to leave.
I will look at this matter. Perhaps someone will consider it. "

"Slowly, Forest, Leave"

"I understand. I'm really sorry.
It is hard to imagine what happened.
I am in a hurry so I will go, but I will confirm this case seriously.
Please hide in the forest until then."

"Ookaay"

I detoured around the tree person and hurried ahead. There are still 40 km to go, I must absolutely arrive to the town.




~ Shino point of view ~

"Oh, it's noisy!"

"Wait, where are you going?
The story has not yet ended! "

Even if I escape, I will be chase anywhere. So stubborn!

"I am already fine, so leave me!"

"I will not go.
It is necessary to properly understand the correctness of the Sarnia Orthodox Government properly.
Why do you not understand that the one who is fault for this fight is entirely on other side?"

I entered my room and locked it. What is that? The behavior is strange. It is obviously biased.

To only blindly believe oneself, a field of view that does not allow others, if there is a different opinion even a little, it is treated as a non-nation citizen, And merciless for the person who is not a citizen like me.

"I'm glad she did not realize that I was pressing my own opinion, it's pretty troublesome ...."

Whether the soundproof is solid, the voices and sounds in the hall will not reach the interior. As I turn on the monitor, Gamigami-san is still screaming. Of course the sound of the monitor is off.

The figure of Gamigami-san disappeared on the monitor when I dozed off for a while in the bed.

"There is nothing I can do here"

The due date is still far. However, the idea is not hot. Rather, the tension is falling. It is also big influence of Gamigami-san who also misunderstood her justice as the justice of others.

"Should I run away?"

I call an operator from an indoor console.

『This is the official control organization. How can I help you? 』

『Hey ... I'm a person who is responsible for designing in the neutral city, but I have something I want to investigate on site, so can I go over there? 』

『I will confirm the room number.......Shino-sama. What kind of things do you want to investigate?』

『I want to see the surrounding topography and buildings, how to enter the light, and grasp the atmosphere of the city.
But, I do not need a specify time.
But since I only want to check on site, I really want to see it with my own eyes. 』

『How about your schedule of return?』

『I think that a one night stay on site is good.』

『Certainly, I got it.
So, Forinkusu-sama who is responsible to you Shino-sama will contact you... 』(TN: 
Forinkusu = Gamigami-san)

『Wait a minute!
She is hard to play because of her high rank!
If possible, can you give me a new one as an assistant?
I can not give up on this matter. 』

『... Well, is that so?
Then, I will attach one person in the general affairs. 』

『Thank you.』

It was grant unexpectedly easy.

『It is fine, it is for Shino-sama great efforts.』

The communication has end.

What's with that, there are people who I can speak properly. Perhaps, I pulled the short stick? Otherwise it would not be such troublesome.

It was a timid girl that was dispatched shortly.

"Umm ...... I am Tupanda Kutilus.
I do clerical work, my rank is associate second lieutenant.
Ah, that ...... I was assigned to Shino-sama care."

Different from soldiers, probably never been in battle. Instead, there are document creation, contact work, etc. It is like a rank for processing buildings that cannot be enter or documents that cannot be seen unless there is a certain level or more.

"Nice to meet you, I am Shino who came from the Planet Chance.
The first thing you need to do is arrange the foot that can move to the neutral city.
Do you know that I will design the venue for peace conference?"

The girl timidly nodded.

"Well then.
As you understand, I cannot design if I do not see the site.
So arrange quickly! "

"Ye, Yes!"

As she jumped over, the girl bowed and ran.

...... She look's like a rabbit. I should remember her as Usako.
(TN: Usagi is Rabbit in English)

They said that it is from general affairs, as expected such specialty.

It seems that the neutral city is on a military boundary line, so we will go by ordinary plane rather than a military aircraft.





"It must be quite fast to get here in a short time"

The three-seater plane arrived safely in a neutral city.

"It was a small seat, was it OK?"

"Ye, yes, Shino-sama"

I smile at Usako who is still nervous. Everybody can see her as an angel after Gamigami-san.

Suddenly, there was a noise from the depths of the forest, then a biped robot came over the fence.

"What? An enemy attack ...... but the neutral city is here."

Perhaps I should hide, I have not received any training, but I stared at a robot coming in our way.

"Tatsuhiko?!"

It was Tatsuhiko who was supposed to be on the enemy side who was steering.

"Geh! Shino?"

What's wrong!



It was at this moment when two people who should not meet after two days, meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment